TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USING THE PLATFORM
from which this text is extracted can be found at:
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This text sets out the conditions of the relationship with users and with all those who interact with this web platform. By using or accessing our platform, you declare that you accept its principles, bases, conditions and its modifications and/or updates.
In order to maintain the security of our websites and platforms, users must undertake to:
- Do not publish marketing or advertising communications
- Do not send spam
- Do not collect information or content from other users or otherwise access the network using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers)
- Do not engage in marketing in any form or by any means
- Do not enter or spread viruses or malicious code of any kind
- Do not request any login information or access an account that belongs to another user
- Do not harass, bully, intimidate or stalk any user
- Do not post content that contains offensive language, is intimidating, pornographic, incites violence or contains nudity or graphic violence
- Do not develop or use third party applications that contain, advertise or promote content related to alcohol or other substance use
- Do not use the network for unlawful, misleading, malicious, discriminatory or violent acts
- Do not take any action that could disable, overburden or affect the proper functioning of the network, such as a denial of service attack or alteration of the display of pages or other network functionality.
FAO reserves the right to remove, at its discretion, any user name or profile (for example, if a trademark owner or public figure complains about a user name that is not closely related to the user's real name).
We respect and care about the rights of others. Therefore, every user of our websites and platforms is under the responsibility not to post content or take any action online that infringes or violates the rights of others or violates the law in any way.
The designations employed and the
presentation of information on the FAO Web site do not imply the expression of
any opinion whatsoever on the part of FAO concerning the legal or development
status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or
concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The mention of
specific companies or of manufacturers' products, whether or not these have
been patented, does not imply that these are endorsed or recommended by FAO in
preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
The information on this site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. FAO will make every effort to ensure, but does not guarantee, the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained on the FAO Web site. FAO reserves the right to modify, limit or discontinue any part of this service at its discretion. FAO shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred which is claimed to arise out of the use of the information published on this site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay.
Links to non-FAO Web sites do not imply official endorsement by FAO of the opinions, ideas, data or products presented therein, nor do they guarantee the validity of the information provided. Links to non-FAO sites are provided solely for the purpose of providing other available information on related topics. The information is provided on the understanding that users accessing the platform assume responsibility for assessing its relevance, accuracy and appropriateness.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall constitute or be construed as a waiver of FAO's privileges and immunities.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
All rights of the training material are reserved for FAO, although dissemination of information material is encouraged. Excerpts of content may be used with acknowledgement of the source, but not complete course units or evaluation activities offered with logos and in the name of another institution. The courses will always be hosted on servers managed by FAO. Reproduction for resale or other commercial purposes, including educational endeavours, is not permitted.
USE OF ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUMS OR PARTICIPATION IN ONLINE CONFERENCES
Our websites and platforms include discussion forums, commenting tools and virtual conferences. By participating in these instances, users agree not to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, threaten or violate the rights of others
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, unless the user owns or controls the rights and has received all necessary permissions
- Upload, e-mail, transmit or make available unsolicited advertisements for any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, "spam" or chain letters, etc.
Users specifically acknowledge that FAO is not responsible for the conduct of any other user. Users who repeatedly post material that falls into the above categories will be removed and/or banned from participating in related forums and comment tools.
SECURITY AND DATA PROTECTION
In accordance with the United Nations resolutions on data protection, we inform you that your data will be used for the purpose of answering your queries and sending you related information that may be of interest to you, by e-mail or any other equivalent means of electronic communication. FAO undertakes not to transfer your data to third parties or use them for commercial purposes. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, portability, limitation and opposition by sending an e-mail to our e-mail address email@example.com. Unless you inform us to the contrary, we will process your data for the stated purpose and for as long as you do not exercise your rights to the contrary.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, FAO employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
All FAO employees who have access to or are associated with the processing of personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of official business matters, including personal data.
How to use and cite the material found in our services? Please consult the link: https://www.fao.org/contact-us/terms/en/